According to Forbes, women were rated as more effective than their male colleagues in critical areas such as taking the initiative, driving for results, bold leadership and building relationships.
However, in self-ratings, women are harder on themselves, suggesting their confidence lags behind their actual performance. Confidence comes from being secure in your own experiences and knowledge. Empathy is about the ability to understand and relate to others.
Check out or WIR TV episode on “Showing Up With Confidence and Leading With Empathy” where we speak to Latané Conant, author and CMO of 6sense and Sha-Kim Wilson, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships at Catchafire on why and how women must develop and deliver certain soft skills as leaders. This conversation dives into:
- Cultivating your inner champion to demonstrate your confidence and get rid of imposter syndrome
- Tackling difficult conversations
- Letting go of the need to be perfect
- Lean into values like empathy
- Embrace the art of self-promotion