Women in Revenue spoke out again! During our last event, “Cultivating Your Superpowers,” we asked Women in Revenue about their top tactics to improve the health and quality of the revenue pipeline in the digital world. Here are their top 3 answers:
- In the absence of physical tactics to drive your quality pipeline: organize virtual sessions with an (internal or external) industry expert.
- If you see a dip in the pipeline: pull the lists of closed/lost accounts, deals that went dark, or contacts that attended your events in the past, and target them through Outbound.
- To help drive the quality pipeline: hone in on where your best bets are (focus on specific segments/verticals/ideal customer profiles).
It was good to learn that even though we have moved into the digital world, not all of the tactics have changed.
Right now, it’s really about having a focused strategy (ex: hone in on key verticals or a certain profile of an account) paired with messaging that resonates. The tone companies take right now matters. Lastly – this hasn’t changed- but working very closely with your partners in Sales. Having a weekly meeting where revenue teams can develop a ‘play’ for top accounts works, said Heidi Bullock, CMO at Tealium, who led the group discussion on this topic.
To learn what other tactics Women in Revenue use to improve the health and quality of the revenue pipeline, check the full list below, ranked by the number of votes:
What is the top digital tactic that you are adopting now, in the absence of physical tactics, to drive your quality pipeline?
- Virtual sessions with an industry expert (internal or external expert)
- Hyper-targeted ads (typically to a list of targeted accounts)
- Virtual “fun” sessions (e.g., virtual wine testing) – experience marketing
- Gifting (e.g., wine and cheese, gift cards)
What is the #1 thing revenue teams can do if they have seen a dip in the pipeline?
- Pull the lists of closed/lost accounts, deals that went dark, or contacts that attended your events in the past, and target them through outbound
- Schedule weekly pipeline review meetings between sales and marketing, to check on how marketing can support certain deals
- Double down on what resonates the most with your target market (e.g., specific product offering)
- Test new messaging (e.g., new free offers in response to the current environment)
- Put sales spiffs in place (e.g., during the last two weeks of the month)
What are examples of successful processes that you have seen adopted by revenue teams to help drive quality pipelines?
- Honing in on where our best bets are (focus on specific segments/verticals/ideal customer profiles) – to ensure the right accounts are marketed to from the beginning – helps for better retention and expansion
- Aligning sales and marketing around shared pipeline goals and incentives
- Starting with the end goal in mind (pipeline) and focusing on things that we can do the most effectively, to get to that goal – it’s not about doing everything – it’s about what is most impactful for the business
Did your company reset your pipeline goals for H2?
Sample Size: 25