- This event has passed.
WIR TV: How Gaslighting Is Hurting Women, Equity and Belonging At Work
December 13, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm EST
Gaslighting…psychological manipulation in which one person attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in another’s mind done subtly to destroy a person’s confidence or worse force them to quit. Gaslighting is based on the need for power, control or concealment. A colleague or superior always criticizes your work or challenges you in front of others. You’re excluded from important meetings and communications that are relevant to your work or role. Worse, your accomplishments get overlooked and diminished while someone else is given or claims credit for your work or ideas as their own. It’s basically an attempt to diminish your power at work and one poll shows that 58% of people have experienced gaslighting at work.
There is another layer of harm in enduring this tactic for women both individually and to the business. How can you grow your respect, impact and inclusion while potentially enduring this harmful behavior? We will have real conversation about:
- What is gaslighting
- The harmful effects for people and corporate cultures
- The extra tax it takes on women and more for women of color
- How to spot gaslighting behaviors
- Tips for addressing and navigating
Don’t miss this next episode of Women in Revenue TV moderated by WIR’s Executive Director, Deanna Ransom. Our guest speakers include:
- Dr. Beth Kaplan – Belonging Researcher & Champion
- Claudia Gonzalez – Business Development & Digital Marketing Manager @ CloudCoin
- Teresa Joy – Vice President GTM Strategy, Analytics & Operations @ 6sense – sponsor!